Last Monday, Android informed about vulnerabilities in the software and provided the associated security updates.
On August 02, Android announced the release of security updates for several vulnerabilities in its system. The German authority BSI classified these vulnerabilities as “particularly serious”. The information was published as part of the manufacturer’s monthly vulnerability update.
What risks do the Android vulnerabilities pose to my company?
The prerequisite is that you use Android devices. The vulnerabilities were discovered before they cybercriminals exploited them actively. Their misuse would enable an attacker to compromise the affected system in such a way that he would:
- Gain extensive privileges,
- Bypass security measures,
- Access information, and
- Execute program code.
What can I do about the Android vulnerabilities?
Not all versions are affected. The versions that need an update are
- Google Android 10,
- Google Android 11,
- Google Android 8.1 and
- Google Android 9.
Perseus recommends installing the security updates provided by the manufacturer immediately to address the security vulnerabilities. To update to the latest version, follow these steps:
- If your system is affected, you will receive a notification with an update prompt.
- If you receive a notification, open it and tap the update action.
- If you deleted the notification or your device was offline:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap System at the very bottom, then tap Advanced, and then tap System Update.
- This will display your update status. Follow all the steps on the screen.